History & Philosophy
History & Philosophy
Action Learning is an organisation that has grown from a passion for skiing and all things outdoors. We believe that an important part of a young person’s upbringing is their connection with the environment and being active outdoors. Our roots as an organisation are in taking young people from a variety of backgrounds on activity based and expedition programs that provide opportunities for them to learn about themselves and the environment around them, to build resilience and connection.
Having operated in the Snowy Mountains for over 25 years today our work has evolved into partnerships with schools and other groups to provide outdoor experiences that:
- provide young people with exposure to the unique Snowy Mountains region and opportunities to experience a range of outdoor pursuits and recreation activities
- meet curriculum outcomes across a number of disciplines including geography, physical education and social sciences
- encourage thinking around environmental, social justice and global issues
- challenge young people and provide a space for personal growth and development
- work with youth to build resilience, change behaviours and increase wellbeing
- learn about team dynamics, working in a group and life skills
Our programs are custom built with a focus on the goals, aims and objectives of each group. As specialists in the Snowy Mountains region our programs utilise activities including mountain biking, white water paddling, river sledding, hiking, camping, skiing, snowboarding, and cross country experiences. We are based at Bungarra Alpine Centre allowing us to offer a mixture of site based and expedition experiences.
We exist to provide Children and Young people from all backgrounds outdoor experiences that change lives for
At Action Learning we are a team who are passionate about the outdoors. We believe outdoor experiences can change lives for the better, building resilience and life skills and giving young people a deeper perspective on the environment and living in community. We offer experiences and journeys that build new skills, challenge people to grow, connect people to the natural environment and take education outcomes into the outdoors.
We get people outside to Explore, Discover and Dream.
As an outdoor education provider we believe:
- that challenge provides a great space for growth and learning and building connection
- that the environment is important and we should look after it
- that each and every individual has unique worth, value and potential
- in the beauty and value of human and cultural diversity
- in the importance of taking responsibility for your own actions
- in outcomes for young people and educators