General Public Riding
Mountain Biking Trails will re-open for 2017/2018 riding season Monday 2 October!
ALI manages the MTB trail network at Bungarra, where we have approximately 25km of mountain bike trails professionally built by Rolling Ground Jindabyne that cater to all levels, as well as four skills areas that will help you progress to the next level. ALI host MTB events, skills clinics and retreats for bike groups and clubs. Please get in touch if you’d like to bring your group to the Bungarra trails for a ride!
Riding the ALI Mountain Bike trails at Bungarra
Who can ride?
- Jindabyne Mountain Bike Club members (please see conditions below)
- Members of the general public, after purchasing a trail pass (see below)
- Guests of Bungarra Alpine Centre and Mountain High Cottages ride for free
- ALI & BAC staff ride for free
Jindabyne Mountain Bike Club Members
- If you are a financial member of the club you can access the trails at no charge.
- Please fill out the Log Book found in the tube to your left each time you ride.
- For information on the club please go to jindabynectmc.com.au
- Jindabyne MTB Club has an arrangement to support ALI with trail maintenance
When can I ride?
- Weekdays – trails are open from 4 – 8pm each afternoon
- Weekends – trails are open 8am -8pm Saturday and Sunday
- School holidays – trails are open 8am -8pm each day
- Trails cannot not be ridden after dark
- Trails are closed in wet weather
- Trails are closed on occasional weekends when an event is being held at Bungarra.
- The trails are closed for winter each year from the 1st of July until early October.
- ALI program needs will take precedence for use of tracks over casual riding
- Rolling Grounds will be undertaking significant trail maintenance work over the 2017/2018 riding season to re-vamp sections of the BAC trail network – watch this space!
- Parking for all casual riding is at the ALI hire shed only
- Check ALI website for special events OR other trail closures
- Please leave your dogs at home
- Any trail riding outside the above guidelines is by negotiation with the ALI General Manager
- Please take all rubbish with you
- Check our website for wet weather closure updates.
Enjoy the ride!
How do I get a Trail Pass?
- Trail Pass is $8 for a minimum of 1, maximum of 3 consecutive days of riding. By buying a trail pass you are accepting the terms and conditions of use (laid out on sign at trailhead)
- You can purchase a Trail Pass by filling out the Trail Pass slip found in the tube to your right. Please carry your pass with you whilst you are riding.
- Please place your payment in an envelope from the tube and put in the silver honesty box to the left of the tube.